Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Okinawa Bound!

Well, my first big trip in japan for a while. I haven't made a trip like this for many many years. I think that the last time that I did an internal flight in Japan was when I went to Kyushu to visit my friend Matt... who has now moved on many years ago. Other than that most of my trips have been to Kyoto using the Shinkansen and stuff.

Okinawa so far hasn't really struck me as much different as the rest of Japan, or at least not as much as I was hoping. Perhaps a smaller island in the area would have been a better pick for what I wanted to do and see. Although I did get here afterdark, and have pretty much just driven around. At least the streets are a reasonable size here and it is not a pain in the butt to drive.

One thing of note was we did have some Tacos for dinner. They were really great. The place that had them, only makes Tacos, nothing else. You come in and they do not even have a menu, they only ask how many portions you want. Here is a litte picture of them. I have to say that they have been the best mexican food that I have had in Japan by miles. Nothing else was really close. I also do have to admit that I have NO idea what real mexican food tastes like... but I did like these guys.



The hotel has some nice pools, and will look to having a dip in them tomorrow. More photos to follow too I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home