Saturday, May 27, 2006

Busted Toe


Well, nice picture huh? While carrying a PC at work I managed to drop it on my foot. As you can see the middle toe on my left foot did not fair so well. The PC (as many kind souls have asked!) is fine. You see its rate of descent was gently slowed down by my foot. Anyhow, my toe did not fair as well as the PC... it is broken. The tip of the toe in fact, so another 5mm forward and I would have been fine.

For those of you with questions... does it hurt... not really now, although it was kind of "throbbing" for most of yesterday. After that it kind of swelled up and was turgid much like a ripe grape. Funnily enough it is now a solid purple colour. (This picture is from about yesterday afternoon). Did I go to a doctor? Yes in the end thought it was best due to the rate of swelling (don't want too much internal bleeding you know). Did I get an X-Ray? Yup sure did... that is how I know that only the very tip is broken. So overall the pain is low and just the swelling is up. :) For those of you who are not familiar with it... they don't really do anything for broken toes (unless it is the big one)... just take it easy (as I will for most of this next couple of days). Oh... the doctor also said it was okay to cycle... so hopefully this will not change the plans for the bike ride to Chigasaki.

Donations for support can be made "Mikes Grape Like Toe" at 2 ScameLane. New York, New York. 90210

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home