Monday, March 19, 2007

How's the Vista

Well I am jumping in the Vista nightmare in the next couple of days. I have backed up most of my Data, and basically am just planning to swap in a new drive and do a clean install. This basically is the most expensive, but the least risky scenario, as if anything goes wrong (baring hardware failure) I am pretty comfortable with just swapping the cable out and using my existing XP build.

The vista packaging is quite neat actually. I am kind of surprised at this by Microsoft, as it is really a little bit more functional than I thought they would come up with. Nice packaging is the least that they can do, as you don't actually "buy" the software... remember this folks. You only buy a "License" to allow you to use the software, and under very specific conditions. (I'll let you all know how the setup goes for the internet and activation... key components in the setup now).



If I can update this blog from my PC later... will be happy :)

Got this decidedly DOS looking screen the during the install.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home