Sunday, July 06, 2008

Office Behavior

What is acceptable office behavior? In Japan... there are a number of people that cut their finger nails while sitting at their desk at work. My boss and I find this pretty disgusting and always want to go out and give the people who do this a massive (and well deserved) slap. In my previous roles I used to work some early shifts (starting around 7AM) and remember once hearing a clipping noise in the department heads office. I went to the office supply cabinet near his office, and saw that he had his shoes and socks off and was clipping his toenails into the garbage can. Is this something that is acceptable in Canada? England? Australia? Germany? I would really think not. In all the time working in Canadian companies I really don't recall ever seeing this behavior ever. I'm pretty sure that if someone wanted to do this they would go to the washroom and not subject their colleagues to them clipping their body parts. Anyhow, I'm sticking by my guns that this is inappropriate b
ehavior, and that Miss Manners needs get involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home