Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fun Bike Ride... start the year with a bang!

Was a wonderful day in Tokyo for weather yesterday. Extreamly clear, although a bit cool. My friend Paul and I decided earlier on in the week that if it looked okay we would head out for a ride. This proved to be a great choice, meeting up on Nakaharakaido around 10AM, and then cycling towards the Tamagawa. As we approached Marukobashi, had the best view of Mt Fuji that I have ever had in Tokyo. It was so clear, the mountains below it, and the angle we were on... fantastic. I know.. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't have a camera on. Besides, we were there to ride, and that we did. Rode up to Futago Tamagawa, back down to Marukobashi, back up to Futago Tamagawa... then switched to Route 245. On route 245 we headed back down to Khoo Whoo on Nakarakaido near Musashi Koyoma. Paul just got a beautiful (like rolling work of art beautiful) Pinarello FP3. As a result were looking for a few little things that he needs for his bike.

At this point, we called an end to the ride and was cycling home. Was a great day, and would be over 40KM when I got home. Not bad for a Sunday morning. I turned down onto Route 1 and **BANG** my rear tire blew. This nice huge lump of iron stuck itself through the rear tire, and through the inner tube.

It was a real b!tch getting home, but did in the end. Anyhow, still, had a great ride, already fixed my bike and rode in to work today! Used some older tires that I kept as spares. My advice to you is, always keep one inner tube and tired, as you never know when you will need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home