Monday, November 03, 2008

Offally Good!

Had a big ole' fancy dinner for our Anniversary... okay it wasn't fancy... but it was good. We went to a VERY busy and LIVELY place, that really wasn't too far for us, just in front of Itoyokado. Kiyomi wanted to go to a Horumon place in Oomori (the station near where I live)and have a Nabe.

Horumon for those of you who don't know is basically the intestine of a pig or a cow (I think usually a pig here...). Although the restaurants will say horumon for what they specialize in, most of the time they have a lot of different kind of Offal.

Nabe is a kind of Japanese hot pot, sort of a soup. This is what it looks like when basiclaly prepared with vegetables and guts (and tofu):




If you're squeamish... I would probably recommend against trying this stuff. I like it though. We also had some Yaki horumon, and a few other treats. The place it turned out also did some really nice Yakkitori. I liked the Ebi... at first I thought it might be a bit over done... but it wasn't and the seasoning was really good too.


The one thing though that I couldn't bring myself to try... even though I really thought I could was this. Raw Liver... Liver Sashi... (I'm not a fan of Basashi - raw horse - either). So I skipped it and Kiyomi enjoyed it all on her own.



Washed all the grub down with a couple of beers and then staggered home with the misses. Was a good night. If you want something different, definitely worth a try. This place is good too... as even if you don't want to have the Offal they had plenty of other really good food on the menu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home