Monday, May 04, 2009

Cycling Camp Day 3

A fun day today. Met up with Pete and Arch and Paul at 10AM in the morning. Foley showed up, as a loyal fan to give us a proper send off. Nice thongs dude. (I don't mean the ones up your butt either).

Did about 75KM today on the bike, and feeling pretty good. We rode up parallel to the Yamanote for a while, before heading up past up to the Arakawa. Went through Ebisu, Shibuya, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Ikebukero... and then finally to the meat of our trip. It was a 30KM ride up to the Arakawa, and we then rode back down for about another 30KM. From the end of the river... it was a bout 15KM to home. A good day out. Didn't really have a chance to take any photos though. Sorry. But you can take my word that it was worthwhile, and a good ride if you are looking for a long circut (not that fast).

I would say if you really want want to see a CHUNK of Tokyo ... it is a Fantastic ride. If you want to tear up the asphalt and go fast Jonan Jima is probably better. Frankly... I'm more of the former. I like to go my pace, and see more of where I am around. Have to say ... loved ever minute of it.

Just hope that Pete is okay after he Bonked. Pete... next time... eat a good breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home