Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pottery Show

For those of you who don't know ... Kiyomi's Dad is very much a potter these days. I guess you could say he's just pottering around in his retirement. He's really found a passion for something that fills his days with something, and I believe that he finds a lot of solace and meaning in his work.

Recently he got together and had a gallery show with a group of people (all older students) who were at Kyoto school of Fine Arts that attended at the same time. Here is some of the work that was there... Kiyomi and I actually picked up a couple of pieces that we liked and thought we could use around the house.





I thought a lot of the work was really of a very high caliber and the gallery was small, but a really good space to show work. It was in Yokohama, very close to Motomachi.

If you're interested in pottery... let me know, I'm sure we can get you some pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home