Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hull and The Deep

We spent the next day walking around Hull and going to a large Aquarium that they had in the area called The Deep. Actually The Deep was pretty cool, and it reminded me a lot of the place that Kiyomi and I went to in Okinawa. The Deep though probably had a little more of a focus on the environment and what we are doing to our oceans... anyhow it is a pretty cool place, and if you are interested in a good half day out definitely worth it.




After goin got the Deep we did some walking around Hull. Hull is a pretty ancient town, and was really quite interesting for me. We had a good walking tour of the town, seeing much of the downtown. I guess there are some rough areas in Hull, but really did not see any of them from where I was. Seems that it has a long and full history and is the kind of place that everywhere has a story. Wouldn't mind to go there again. One thing that was a shame is that all the museums were closed, as the staff were out helping those who were affected by the flood. Bad for us, but really I think any help that they could give to people at such a trying time would be really appreciated. In otherwords... I did not mind, and understood.





After walking around Hull for the day, we had a great little tour of the bread factory that Paula worked at. That was a real treat and I think that Kiyomi would have loved to have gotten some of their recipies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home