Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back to the Future

Had a small spill on the Madone. It needs to the the front wheel replaced. I'm okay (so don't worry Mom) and walked away unhurt. But the bike won't be fixed for another couple of days or so... eaiting for the parts. Oh well... Will look forward to getting the bike back, and really do need it as I'll be riding to Kamakura on the weekend with a group of guys from work. I organized things so if I don't show up I am pretty sure that it won't look very good, and will make it hard to setup a second ride later on this season too!

So in order to ensure that I can keep racking up the KM's I've fixed up Kiyomi's bike and took that to work today. Actually it is the bike that I started riding to work on... hence the back to the future title of this. Actually the old machine did pretty well, considering it spends most of its time outdoors. I cleaned the chain, lubbed it up, took off the basket, and raised the seat to where i needed it. Then... I did the next most important step, I rode it to close to my office and back, and am happy to report that both it, and me, made it safely to our destination and back. Here is a quick picture of the old guy near the emperors palace.



It is kind of nice going at a pace that is much slower than my other bike. The difference is great at times, not just speed... but the fact that I can go over bumps and potholes and the like without wincing. Anyhow it turned out to be more fun that I expected to get back on the old bicycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home