Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tan Tan Men

Of my favorite things here in Japan is a good bowl of Tan Tan men. It is a form of Ramen, that is quite spicy (which Paula and Dan can attest to) This bowl is a from a store in my neighbourhood, a nice place near the station that KIyomi and I have been to a couple of times. I even took Dan and Paula there. Interestingly enough a guy that is working there spent 20 years in Canada and got his Canadian citizenship. He's a pretty nice guy and he lived in North York near where I did with my old Roommate Rob K. Funny to meet someone so close to home, even after all these years here.



Back to the soup. This stuff is packed with Noodles and which you slurp (loudly) too cool them off after you have been served. The soup itself you don't have to eat all of it, but it is also VERY spicy. This stuff has a mixture of many different peppers, and also uses sesame in the broth. Good stuff, especially nice in the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home