Sunday, July 27, 2008

Roof Top Garden

OMG Pictures... yeah I know it has been a little while since I posted any pictures on the web site. Well... I'm not exactly getting paid for this :))) OK... I promise to try to post more. I've got a few pictures of the little bit of gardening that Kiyomi and I are able to do here in Japan. Just to be clear to those of you who have never visited. There are no lawns in Tokyo... no gardens for houses, and certainly no where you can grow anything... except on your rooftop balcony... if you are lucky to have one. Which, as it happens, Kiyomi and I are lucky!!

Here are some pictures of our plants. We've been doing well with the Tomato plants, and we have also had our own Cucumber and Egg Plants. We don't get a lot, but can usually eat something from these once ever week or so. The tomato plant has been the best, giving us a relatively large number. We've probably got ten or twelve that we can eat in the next day or two.



The herb garden is something that we just started. We got the planter at Ikea and some of the plants recently. The basil plant is doing really well and I look forward to trying fresh basil in some spaghetti or other kind of pasta. Should be pretty tasty. Anyhow... its kind of fun to do this... hopefully we can get some more going over the next little while.



We've got some hot peppers in there too... I am not sure what they are going to be like, but they aren't growing as well as they could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home