Sunday, April 11, 2010

Some Personal Goals

Some Personal goals here for the year. Yeah... a little late for new years stuff, I know. But these are a few things that have grown out of a few different conversations that I have had with people. 


The first one is easy to define, but hard to do. Well committing the time and brain power to it are the things that I need to do. Goal number 1... get a CCENT (First level of cisco certification). Networking is the area that I really need to shore up both for my current role, and probably for anything in the future that comes my way. Got my books today (from amazon) and will let you all know how it goes. Hoping to get this by the early to mid summer.


The second goal is probably also fairly easy to define, and like Goal number 1, will be difficult to accomplish. Myself and a few friends are going to enter the Honolulu Century Ride. Looking forward to it, but it will be anything but easy. Basically for those of you who don't know, it means riding 100 miles in one day. Up and down the windward coast of Oahu. There will be a lot of training to be done in the next few months if I want to actually make it!  Paul, Joel, and Arch all look to be joining along too. If you're interested, drop me a line and ask for details.


I guess that technically I'll be doing the second one as a professional certification, but as my company will not be involved in it in anyway (training or materials) I'll take it as a personal one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home