Sunday, April 27, 2008

Long Bike Ride

Thanks to all who joined in the long bike ride yesterday. We did 80KM before the rain came down, riding into Enoshima, and Kamakura from the Otemachi area. If the weather had co-operated would have liked to have tried to have seen how far back I could have gotten. I think I could have made it, but it would have been a long and slow ride.

Here is a shot of us as we were waiting to get started after our first break (waiting at Marukobashi...)



For me it was a good ride, although we did get a little bit separated, I thinkt that everyone got to ride at their own pace, and we did get to a pretty intresting place for lunch!

Here are a couple of pictures of when I arried in Enoshima, and also when I we were waiting for our table at lunch. Bens cafe was pretty nice, and if I go to meet up with friends who live down there (Doug, Joel... you reading this?) then I expect them to meet up with me there.




Special note to Koki and Nicholas. Koki kept up a fierce pace, despite being on a mountain bike. He kept up with the fast group, and was never behind the pack. Nicholas, clearly hadn't been on a bike in a while, rode far, and finished the whole day on a bike that was only slightly lighter than a tank.

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM , Blogger Fraser Anderson said...

I also like that he is in a different style of bike clothes.

80km in jeans? nuts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home