Sunday, June 25, 2006

Back In the Saddle again




Here is a nice little picture of the bike I ride, it is a GIANT FCR ZERO.

Today I passed a nice little mile stone for it... I have completed 2000KM and happy to say that it is running really really well still. I picked the bike up last September, and have been **very** happy with it. For the most part it has been an excellent training bike, and a good daily commuter. The only complaint day to day that I have is I think the breaks could be a bit stronger. But that might just be the speeds that I am going at. :)

If you enjoy to ride, and do in the city, really recommend something with small and narrow tires, keeps you going fast, and also not as much trouble on bumps as I thought that they would be. When I first got this bike I couldn't believe the difference to my old GT mountain bike, it felt like stepping from an old Chevy truck and getting into a Porsche Boxter. Something exotic, nimble and quick.

Today's ride was with my friend James. If any of you watch Top Gear (as you should) you will be familiar with the presenter James May or as he is called on the show "Captain Slow". James is our version of "Captain Slow". Well I am happy to say that today he did well, all though I think that getting into spandex pants is a bit of a brave move for him. Nevertheless he seemed to ride hard and kept up for the most part.

Looking forward to my next 2000KM on the bike :) hopefully can do it even quicker.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM , Blogger Mike P said...

Captain, it was fun to get out! Didn't think anyone actually read my ramblings :)

Keep working it... also be good to get the bike computer. Nah, keep on the super sexy shorts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home